- Where is Malawi, and why is Mwayi based there? Malawi is a land-locked country in South East Africa. Mwayi was founded in Malawi because our Founder spent time living and working there from 2014-2015.
- Who is sewing my purchase? Joy Gondwe (featured on our homepage) is our Lead Tailor. She trains and manages all Mwayi tailors. Our Tailors and Apprentice Tailors are all women from the Blantyre Region of Malawi. They are between the ages of 18-24, either did not finish High School or are not currently studying, and formerly lacked employable skills.
- How does the Mwayi Apprenticeship Program (MAP) work? MAP is a 6-month program during which Apprentices are taught the skills needed to become expert tailors. Mwayi's Apprentices are selected on a semi-annual basis through a partnership with a local NGO that works with at-risk women and girls in Malawi. Graduates receive a Certificate of Completion upon satisfying course requirements and are immediately eligible for full-time hire.
- How long will it take to receive my purchase? Please allow up to 3 weeks for delivery.
- What happens if I'm not happy with the way my purchase fits? If you're not absolutely thrilled with your new Mwayi garment, you have two options: (1) Contact Us if you'd like to have your purchase altered at the tailor of your choice and we will send you $35 to cover any charges, or (2) Contact Us to arrange for a free, no-questions-asked return.